Our client, a presitigious educational institution, is seeking a strong Controller to oversee accounting, reporting and compliance issues, tax reporting and the annual audit.
● Oversee school business functions, including: tuition billing and collection, accounts payable,
contracting, payroll, accounting and reporting, and other business administration activities.
● Coordinate with HR benefits and deductions schedules as they pertain to payroll
● Provide financial monthly reports and forecasts to the Director of Finance and Operations.
● Participate in the development of school strategy, providing recommendations, financial analysis,
projections, and other data to inform the process.
● Maintain and evaluate internal controls and key processes;
● Coordinate the annual audit.
● Ensure timely dissemination of information and oversee financial policies, procedures, and
internal controls to safeguard assets, protect confidential information, and ensure accurate
● Assess potential for improvement of systems and processes, recommend and implement changes
● Demonstrates initiative through early identification of problems and resourcefulness in timely
● Prepare and manage all materials needed for financial and 403(b) compliance audits and federal, state and local tax filings which includes Form 990 and 5500.
● A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management or related fields is required; an MBA, MPA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
● o 10+ years of accounting experience in a non-profit or educational setting strongly preferred. Specific knowledge of fund, endowment and investment accounting is desirable.
● o Strategic thinker, analytical and problem solving skills with a proven record of sound judgment.
● Experience with Blackbaud strongly preferred.